NOW HIRING!! We are currently seeking “associates” to help run the store and café. Candidates must be passionate about local farms and food, working with a team, and providing excellent customer service.
The official job description is detailed below. If you are interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Store Associate Job Opening
The Rose Hill Farm Stop (RHFS) is a cooperative of small, local farmers operating a retail and aggregation outlet to connect the Bloomington community with transparently sourced, healthful food.
This project is inspired by the successful Argus Farm Stop in Ann Arbor, Michigan and represents an important step toward building a stronger local food system in the Bloomington community. We seek to increase the amount of food that consumers purchase from local farms and empower farmers with greater ownership of the food distribution system.
The Rose Hill Farm Stop includes two key food sales components: 1) a direct to consumer retail store front and 2) an online market platform connecting farmers & food artisans with institutional food buyers. A small in-store cafe with a full menu of coffee, teas, and baked goods will subsidize operations. This component of the store will also serve to build relationships, by encouraging customers to interact with each other and the farmers who stop by to make deliveries. The RHFS also plans to host regular events about local food, agriculture, and healthy cooking as COVID safety restrictions allow.
Rose Hill Farm Stop is seeking team members with a passion for and commitment to expanding our local food system. This active position will hold varied responsibilities including barista, cashier, product caretaker, customer service provider and local food advocate. All Associates will hold a crucial role in efforts to build a new model of food distribution and community outreach for Bloomington. Operating under a consignment model, Rose Hill Farm Stop provides space for local producers to sell their goods daily and year-round. Therefore, all team members will need to build knowledge of and familiarity with a rotating product mix and develop trusting relationships with both vendors and customers. A genuine enthusiasm for educating the community about the value of local food and a dedicated, adaptive and dependable work attitude are fundamental. Team members will help grow the Rose Hill Farm Stop into a neighborhood staple and prominent food gathering space.
An Ideal Candidate
- Is passionate about good food!
- Is a joyful advocate for small farmers and the Bloomington local food economy
- Enjoys multitasking and maintains a calm, upbeat demeanor during times of high volume, stress, or unusual events
- Is attentive to customer needs and cultivates a welcoming and inclusive shopping environment
- Will develop positive relationships with customers, vendors, community and fellow team members and can communicate with warmth, energy and sincerity
- Is punctual, dependable, and respectful of company time and resources
- Has a sense of humor, skills of adaptation, innovation and patience
- Is collaborative by nature; an empathetic team player with a willingness to learn
- Is a clear communicator with the ability to identify and describe the individuality ofdifferent products from a wide range of vendors
- Preferred prior experience working in a grocery store, farmers market, or farm setting
- Preferred prior barista and/or hospitality experience
- Is willing to learn POS systems, inventory tracking, cash handling, food handling and safety, coffee preparation, and various basic computer programs
- Has flexible schedule availability
- Has ability to lift 50+ pounds and to stand for hours at a time
If this sounds like you, please send a letter of interest, resume, and schedule availability to email@example.com as soon as possible.
The right candidate will not only become part of an innovative distribution and community enterprise, but also a thoughtful, creative leadership team and farmer-owned collaborative. Your input will be welcome, appreciated and essential to running this new neighborhood business. Come grow with us!
The Rose Hill Farm Stop seeks to expand the local food economy for everyone in the Bloomington community. We celebrate differences and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in any hiring decisions. We invite you- exactly as you are- to share our table.
Hours and Compensation
Position is part time, $15/hr + tips